Monday, July 30, 2012

Shopping Is My Weakness


I did it again. I really need to stop this middle of the night online shopping crap. It's making me go broke!! Anyway I just wanted to share what I ordered over the last couple weeks and do some quickie reviews on my purchases.

 
The first thing I got was an eyeliner from Victoria's Secret in the color "Starstruck" (the white one on the right). I use this product almost everyday and needed a new one because the one I was using was running out. My review: Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Sparkle Liner in "Starstruck" is my absolute favorite eyeliner. It is a gorgeous white/silver color with sparkle and I wear it everyday. I line my waterline (bottom lid) with this and it makes my eyes look brighter and it makes me look more awake. This eyeliner would look great against any eye color. It's my "holy grail" eyeliner product and I make sure to have extras at all times so I don't run out. One of the best things about it is that although it is a pencil liner, it goes on smooth like butter. I usually don't use pencil liner, I prefer self-sharpening liners but once I swatched the gorgeous color while I was in Victoria's Secret, I had to buy one. Try this product, you'll thank me later! ;)

 The next thing I bought was 2 satin leopard print pillowcases. I have a black satin bedspread, black sheets, && gold pillowcases (they same color gold/tan that these are). I wanted leopard to accent my bed and make it look a little less boring. I love animal print and I love these pillowcases because they are SO soft and gorgeous. I'm really happy I bought these. I plan on buying the matching sheet set soon.
 
I also got "Goddess" tanning lotion by Designer Skin. I was kind of disappointed with this product. I've been tanning for years and am used to tingle lotions. I was excited to try this product after reading rave reviews on it. Once I tried it though, I wasn't as impressed as everyone else seemed to be. I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to tingle lotions or if this lotion just wasn't that good, but I barely felt a tingle. It does smell nice and give OK color, but it wasn't as amazing as everyone had said it was. Bombshell is 100xx bronzer/tingle and I felt the tingle a LOT more from that than I did with Goddess. I think I'll stick to my other lotions for now.
 
 The next thing I got was Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Blush && Highlighter in Sunkissed Glow. I am in l-o-v-e. When I saw the "Sunkissed Glow" shade, I had to buy it and try it out for myself. The colors are gorgeous and have such a pretty shimmer to them. I was surprised at how pigmented this product is. I have used Physician's Formula products in the past and have always liked them. (Plus you can't beat the price! If you buy the same product in the store it can be $11 or more and on Amazon it was $6.49!) I love that you can customize your look and do a lot of different things with this one product. Instead of having to carry around blush, highlighter, something to contour with, etc., you can save some room in your bag and just bring this one product! This is one of my new favorite products.
 The next thing I purchased was Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer (and dark circle eraser). I am pretty impressed with this product. It gives good coverage and isn't oily like a lot of other concealers. I bought it in the "medium" shade and it matches my skin tone perfectly.
 
Next on the list of things I bought was Bio Oil. I have heard great things about this product from a ton of different people. I'm not ashamed to say that after having 2 babies my body isn't perfect and I do have some stretch marks on my stomach/thighs. Although they have faded a lot, I wanted to see if Bio Oil would work for me like it has for other people I know. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I see a noticeable difference in the appearance of my stretch marks. They have faded a lot and are really hard to see unless you're up close. I am going to continue to use this and I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. If you are looking for a product to fade stretch marks/scars or to prevent stretch marks if you're pregnant, you should definitely try this out. Screw the cocoa butter-- I used that religiously throughout my 1st pregnancy and it SUCKED. This product is a million times better than cocoa butter. It's like cocoa butter on steroids. ;)
 
The last thing I purchased was Chi's Thermal Polishing Spray- Shine Infusion. Unfortunately, I'm not impressed. I have used Chi products (along with many other brands) for years, and I had never tried the Thermal Polishing Spray, so I decided to give it a try. It's an OK product, but it's definitely not at the top of my list. If you use too much, it makes your hair look VERY oily/greasy, so use sparingly. Normally you would use a thermal spray or heat protectant liberally so I don't think that this product is the greatest to use as a heat protectant, but it is a good styling product. It tames frizz and does make your hair shine if you use a small amount. I'll stick to my other products that make my hair look and feel healthier while protecting them at the same time.

Whew...that was a long blog. Sorry! I'm really into watching beauty gurus on YouTube and seeing their tutorials and product reviews make me want to try new products out, so I thought I'd share my take on them and my opinion of them. The best part about all the products I bought-- I bought them all with money I earned doing surveys online!! So really, it didn't cost me a dime.  Has anyone else used any of these products?? What do you think of them?? For those of you who don't know-- you don't have to have a Blogger account to comment, you can comment as a guest or through other accounts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always comment back on your blog, as well as subscribe back if you subscribe to me. Please be respectful, don't be a hater. ;)