Monday, July 30, 2012

R.I.P. (Robo) Rick Rogers


(A blog from my Facebook written on 9/25/11.)

R.i.P. (Robo) Rick Rogers 6/5/91 - 9/25/11

Wow. I don't even know where to start. For those of you who don't know, Rick was hit by a truck while riding his bike home one night. He had extensive internal injuries and was in a coma. He died today. Rick and my brother (Jeff) have been friends for years. He's been around my family for a long time. We've watched him grow up. He's become a part of the family. I used to joke around that he was my other "annoying little brother". We fought like siblings but everything would always end up going back to normal soon after. If anyone tried anything stupid with him, I'd want to kill them..same way I would feel if someone did something to my brother. I don't think he knows how loved he really was, and that really bothers me.

The night that he was hit, my brother came into the living room and told me. I was in shock. I didn't know how bad it was until the next day when we learned some of the details. We (along with a TON of other people) prayed about it constantly. People that loved him prayed for him and people that have never met him prayed for him. He fought until he couldn't anymore. He's a fighter, he always has been. He's stubborn as hell.

Looking at his facebook and his pictures hurts a lot. Knowing that I'll never hear him play his guitar again, knowing that my mom, brother and I will never have a cigarette with him again, knowing I'll never bitch about their music being too loud again (lol) makes me tear up.

At least he's not suffering anymore... I can picture him playing his guitar up in Heaven with the legends that have passed as well, smiling down and waiting on us. Thank you to the people that have kept him in their thoughts and prayers... please continue to keep his family in your prayers. They need it now more than ever.

To all of my friends and family- if I don't tell you enough.. I love and care about each and every one of you.


"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; love leaves a memory no one can steal."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always comment back on your blog, as well as subscribe back if you subscribe to me. Please be respectful, don't be a hater. ;)