Monday, September 10, 2012

Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio Review

Thanks for bearing with me ladies! I know it's taken a while to get this review up but I've been so busy with moving and a bunch of other stuff. Now for the review...

I wanted to try Tarte primers but didn't want to drop $30 on a primer that I had never tried before and might not even like. I decided to buy the Deluxe Primer Trio on Amazon instead (trial sizes) and see what these products were all about.






Clean Slate Poreless:
Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer
 This was my favorite of the 3 primers. (It's in the purple tube.) It is silicone based and I love the consistency. It's a thick, clear gel. It made my skin so silky smooth and really gave me a great "canvas" to work with. It definitely improved the amount of time that my foundation stayed looking fresh. I have acne prone skin and this did not make me break out at all. It didn't make my face greasy or shiny, as a matter of fact it seemed to help control my oily skin. I noticed a matte effect after using this primer. I didn't notice a difference in the size of my pores but I was so happy with all of the other benefits of this primer that I didn't care. I would definitely recommend this to everyone, it's great for all skin types and really does improve the look and feel of your skin. 

Clean Slate Flawless:

This primer has a more lotion-like consistency than the other one. It also has a fresh citrus scent that I like. This seems more like a moisturizer than a primer to me. It definitely is moisturizing but if you have oily skin I'd be careful with it because it could make your face a little greasy. I didn't break out after using this primer. It didn't do much for my skin as far as brightening, but I would assume that if you have very fair skin it would brighten it a little. I would recommend this primer to someone with either dry skin or normal skin.

Clean Slate 360° Creaseless 12-Hr Smoothing Eye Primer:

 
 The Creaseless eye primer did what it was supposed to do. I was a bit surprised by the consistency because it was thinner and more watery than I was expecting. After applying it, I didn't think it would work very well but I was wrong. It helped keep my eye makeup looking great for a long time. I'm not sure if it would last 12 hours but each time I used this I wore my makeup for 8+ hours and it didn't budge. You only need a very small amount of this product, if you go overboard it could make your eyelids a little greasy. You can use this on your eyelids and under your eyes. This is a good eye primer but I wouldn't pay $19 for the full size bottle. I still prefer my Urban Decay Primer Potion.


I'm always taking requests for product reviews. Keep em' coming!! :)) I hope my review was helpful. Don't forget to comment!!

xo, Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always comment back on your blog, as well as subscribe back if you subscribe to me. Please be respectful, don't be a hater. ;)