Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beauty Things I Suck At!



I saw a "tag" on YouTube about "Beauty Things I Suck At" and thought it would be fun to tell you about mine. There are some beauty-related things I'm really good at, and some I struggle with, so without further adieu. . .

TIMING: It takes me forever to do my makeup. It's not that I wear an insane amount of makeup or anything, I just take forever to do it. I think that my OCD/perfectionism effects my timing a lot. Lol. This is especially true with my eye makeup. When I do different eye shadow looks or play up my eyes with bold colors/winged liner/etc. both of my eyes have to match EXACTLY. If I have a little more shadow on one eye, I have to fix it. If my winged liner is a tiny bit longer on one eye, I have to go back and do it again. It's tiring. ;)

EYEBROWS: ::shudder:: I hate doing my eyebrows. Of course I don't want to look like I have caterpillar eyebrows and I definitely don't want to rock the Borat unibrow, so I either get my eyebrows waxed or pluck them frequently. I read somewhere that your eyebrows are supposed to be "sisters" not "twins". For me, they have to be as close to "twins" as I can get them without over-plucking. This takes forever. Recently (within the last 6 months) I've started filling my eyebrows in to help make them look more similar. This is another thing I suck at. Either I use too much product and they end up looking too dark or too "big" and I have to wipe everything off and start all over. Hopefully I'll get better with time...

NAILS: I always have to have my nails painted. Even if it's just with a clear polish, they need to have something on them. (I do let them "rest" however, with nothing on them, in between polish changes. This is usually on a weekend day while I'm at home.) Anyway I'm horrible at staying on my actual nail. I'm right-handed so my left hand always looks great and my right hand always looks like crap. :( Haha.

True Story.


SHADE MATCHING: I'm really bad at shade matching foundation/concealer if I can't test it on myself before purchasing. It always looks so much different on my skin than it does in the packaging. I don't know if that's a unique problem or not but it seems to always happen to me. If I try a new foundation, 8 out of 10 times I'll pick the wrong shade. Because of this I'll usually only buy foundation from places that I can exchange or return it after opening it, such as CVS.

Those are 4 beauty-related things that I suck at. What beauty things do YOU suck at?? Comment below and let me know. :)

xo, Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always comment back on your blog, as well as subscribe back if you subscribe to me. Please be respectful, don't be a hater. ;)