Sunday, October 21, 2012

Raiding Grandma's Closet

This post should've been done about a month ago, but I've been so busy && just haven't gotten around to doing it. Anyway, about a month ago I went to my grandma's house and helped her clean out her closet. Surprisingly she actually had a lot of cool stuff. I'm all about being original and unique and having your own style, so this was right up my alley. There were a lot of really great brand name items as well as some vintage pieces. My grandma let me have what I wanted and then gave the rest of the clothes that she didn't want (or never wore) away. Here are my 3 favorites:

 This was my favorite of everything I took home. It's a loose fitting knit sweater with gold specks. I'm going to do an Outfit of the Day with this when I wear it because I already know what I want to pair this with. There are so many options for a sweater like this. You could belt it in the middle, wear it with boots && leggings, etc. It has 3/4 sleeves so even though it's a sweater, it's still very light and breathable. She bought this at Macy's.

 This skirt is fitted on the top && more loose on the bottom. I love the length. I have a ton of shorter skirts but not many that are this length. I also love the print, it's an abstract print and in some places you can see little flowers. It's very cute and I can see a few outfits being made around this skirt as well.
 This is a dressy but casual top that I got. I wanted to take a picture of the print close up because I think it's so beautiful. If you look closely it's a cherry blossom print. I love the color, it looks great against my skin tone (or any skin tone, really) and this top can be worn casually or you could easily dress it up by wearing it with a belt in the middle or even pairing it with skinny jeans and heels. I can see myself wearing this a lot.

My grandma gave me a few more things but these were my top 3 favorites of the bunch. I'll try to do an Outfit of the Day whenever I wear these next, or maybe I'll do a separate blog post showing different looks for each outfit. We'll see. Thanks for reading!! :)

xo, Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always comment back on your blog, as well as subscribe back if you subscribe to me. Please be respectful, don't be a hater. ;)