Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Be Kind.

Hey everyone,

I am so incredibly disappointed in the world right now. With everything going on with the coronavirus right now, the world is a scary place. Not only is the virus scary, the way people are acting is even scarier. You would think people would come together and be kind and help each other, but it’s been the exact opposite! People are acting like animals. People that don’t have kids are stockpiling diapers, formula, etc. just to resell for 4x the price. That’s sickening. 

I saw an article online about a guy that went through 3 DIFFERENT STATES with a U-Haul and bought all the hand sanitizer so he could resell it for between $8 and $80 per bottle on Amazon! Luckily karma hit him hard because Amazon is cracking down on price gouging and they banned him from listing it. So now he’s stuck with a garage full of hand sanitizer with nowhere to sell it. The funny part is that he’s actually upset and is saying that it’s “not fair” and is going to “hurt his finances”. No, asshole. It’s not fair that you took all the hand sanitizer and didn’t allow anyone else to get any. There are elderly people and immuno-compromised people that really need items like that and can’t get it because of selfish people like him. It’s so sad. 

People are literally fighting over Clorox wipes and toilet paper! I saw on the news that a man was stabbed over toilet paper! When did people become so evil?! I was in Walgreens yesterday just getting normal items that we needed for the week and I heard a woman in the next aisle on the phone. She was telling whoever she was talking to that they just restocked the Clorox wipes and asked if that person needed any. All of the sudden I saw half the store go RUNNING to that aisle and almost mauling her for some Clorox wipes.  I felt so bad for her. I saw a video online of an elderly woman with one package of toilet paper. Some lady with literally 10 packages of toilet paper in her cart comes up to the elderly woman and tries to rip the toilet paper out of her hand! Luckily another customer saw and got her toilet paper back and was able to get her safely away from the crazy lady. I couldn’t believe it. That’s how we’re treating our elders now?! It disgusts me. 

Because of people going crazy and buying everything, people like me that were just trying to shop for the week can’t get what we need. I couldn’t even find a gallon of milk yesterday. People have kids they need to feed. They have families to protect. The main point of this post is just to remind people to be kind. Of course get the items that your family needs but don’t go overboard. Think of others as well. Help people that need it. We need to come together right now as a country instead of having the “every man for himself” way of thinking. 

Be safe, disinfect, try to stay inside if you can, and above everything else, WASH AND SANITIZE YOUR HANDS! I cannot stress that enough. If you’re religious, pray. We will get through this. Be kind!

xo, Sarah

11 comments:

  1. I know it is mind blowing. We should take a lesson from how people in Italy are acting who from what I have seen have been behaving very well. I saw the report on those two brothers. They ended up donating all the sanitizer b/c they had no choice. Amazon cracked down on them but they only went the donating route when they found out the AG was investigating them. And their response "Its not fair" is not surprising but there is a reason why this generation is seen as entitled.

    Not that this kind of thing has not been done before by other generations, but the difference is when caught the response was not "Its not fair" generally it was an apology even if not heart felt.

    But the mindset of an adult saying "Its not fair" WAKE UP LIFE IS NOT FAIR. Just b/c your a white male 20 something who has never known hardship whose parents raised self serving entitled brats does not make life fair. Maybe in their world...for now. But they better get woke real soon. This is just a dress rehearsal for what is coming. In a decade b/c of automation (basically greed) %40-%50 of jobs are going to be lost world wide. That alone is going to cause major civil unrest a decade after this the first disaster effects of the climate change is going to kick in. So they better learn to buck up b/c life is going to rough.

    Also I think people like this need to be taught a lesson. I think the authorities should put their whiny, pampered entitled asses in jail for a month or two not just to teach them a lesson, after all if you are going to act like a child then you should be treated like one. But also to nip this in the bud and send a message. Similar to shooting looters. Harsh action to stop it, otherwise it gets out of control.

    But I saw a report today of people in Chicago donating and delivering food to elderly who can't and should not be going out. So there are decent people out there too.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad at least it got donated! I saw their response to that yesterday, it wasn’t surprising but definitely disappointing. I would be SO embarrassed if those were my kids. I’m literally using things like this as an example to my kids of what NOT to do. It’s very sad that a 10 year old can grasp the fact that what they did was wrong and grown men can’t. 🤦🏼‍♀️

      I didn’t hear about the meals to the elderly, but that is amazing! I’m from Chicago. 😊 I’ve seen a lot of craziness but have also seen some people being genuinely helpful to each other which is super refreshing to see.

      Thanks for your heartfelt comment, it was very appreciated!! ❤️

      Delete
  2. I just posted a long comment I hope it took as I don't see it : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, some horrific stories that you shared. And what a good post to remind everyone to stay KIND. Yes, the crowds are swarming right now, but I have found that people are pretty nice around here and try to be helpful. A worker even sprayed the carts before we used them as to not spread the virus. I try to get things done early to avoid some of the craziness, and it really hurts when I see the elderly being treated unfairly. Thank you for this reminder to us all, I appreciate it very much.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely a scary time. I think it is showing the true colours of a lot of people. Though there are awful individuals out there (like the hand sanitizer guy...ugh) there are also a lot of great people who are offering to mail toilet paper rolls and are donating to gofundme pages. So being kind is definitely the most important thing right now. To remember that we are all scared and are really in this together! This is such an important post. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! I’ve seen a lot of selfish people during this time but I’ve also heard of some wonderful, kind souls that are going above and beyond to help people and it’s very refreshing to see! 😊❤️

      xo, Sarah

      Delete
  5. It is crazy. Over in Australia supermarket workers are constantly verbally abused, fights have broken out over TP and one worker got stabbed last week too. It's so appalling, especially coming from having devastating fires and so many people rallying together over this. Only to succumb to TP? I heard about the hand sanitiser guy; what a knob. Sadly he isn't the only one and so many are getting away with this. There is a lot of uncertainty right now, especially with peoples jobs and governments doing nothing to combat this. I really don't know what the future holds for us all. People are talking about it being greater than the Great Depression.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
    The storm does not last forever!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard some terrible stories of selfishness lately. I feel that people should be more considerate and realize others have to purchase some of the same essential items. My hope is that people will become more kinder though this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been crazy seeing the things going on here! I have stopped taking my kids to the supermarket with me - I am worried all the bare shelves might make them worry, and also the behaviour of people has been crazy! I was happy this week though I went to the store and found toilet paper at last - there has been none for weeks! I couldn't get any meat for meals though :( Definitely a strange world we live in!

    Hope that you are having a nice weekend :) It's another quiet one at home here.

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always comment back on your blog, as well as subscribe back if you subscribe to me. Please be respectful, don't be a hater. ;)